IPS V.S. Kaumudi appointed as Director General of BPR&D
The Centre government has appointed senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer V.S. Kaumudi as Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) by lowering the post to the rank of Additional Director General.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet comprising of Prime Minister of India (who is the Chairman) and Minister of Home Affairs, approved the proposal made by Union Ministry of Home Affairs for appointing V.S. Kaumudi as Director General (ADG level) BPR&D by temporarily downgrading the DG post to level of Additional Director General (Level-15 of Pay Matrix)
- He will be succeeding IPS officer Sudeep Lakhtakia, a 1984 batch IPS officer.
- Term: His appointment as DG of BPR&D will be for a period of two years or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
About IPS V.S. Kaumudi
- He is a 1986 batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre.
- At present she is serving as Additional Director General (ADG) in Central Reserve.
About Bureau of Police Research and Development
- BPRD was established in 1970 under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- It is a federal law enforcement agency with headquarters in New Delhi.
- It is a national police organisation to study, research and develop (R&D) on subjects and issues related to policing for the purpose of modernisation of police forces.
- In 2017, Union government merged Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD) with National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) for improving administrative efficiency and optimally utilising resources related to policing. This new merged entity is headed by Director General (DG) of BPRD, and NCRB Director, an Additional DG rank post will report to the former.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
Topics: Additional Director General • Appointments Committee of the Cabinet • Director General of BPR&D • Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development • IPS V.S. Kaumudi • Minister of Home Affairs • National Crime Records Bureau • Prime Minister of India • Sudeep Lakhtakia • Union Ministry of Home Affairs • V.S. Kaumudi
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|