Interim Budget 2019: Highlights
The highlights of the Interim Budget 2019 presented by the Finance Minister are listed below:
- 6,000 rupees yearly direct support to farmers through PM-KISAN Programme.
- Pension of 3,000 rupees for unorganised sector workers earning up to 15,000 rupees through a mega Pension Scheme – Pradhan Mantri Shram- Yogi Maandhan.
- Present Income Tax rates to continue and full tax rebate up to an income of 5 lakh rupees for individual taxpayers. Standard deduction raised to 50,000, a hike of 10,000 for salaried class.
- Simplification of Direct tax system and returns to be processed in 24 hours with immediate refunds.
- 90 per cent GST payers can file quarterly returns.
- Two per cent interest rebate for Small and Medium Enterprises to get an incremental loan of one crore rupees.
- Constituting group of Ministers to examine GST burden on home buyers.
- Digitalization of Customs for export and import transactions.
- Allocations towards Health care, MGNREGA, SC/ST welfare programmes, Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana, Development of infrastructure in North-East has been increased substantially.
- Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog for genetic upgradation of the cow.
- Separate Department of Fisheries.
- Electricity connection to all willing families by next month.
- Allocations to Defence budget crosses three lakh crore rupees for the first time.
- More than three lakh 38 thousand shell companies deregistered after demonetization.
- 10 point vision for 2030 to realize India’s social economic potential.
- India to be a 10 trillion dollars economy in 13 years.
- Government e-Marketplace – GeM to be extended to all Central Public Sector Enterprises.
- Container cargo movement to the North-East through Brahmaputra river.
- Allocation for infrastructure development in the North East increased by 21 per cent.
- AIIMS to be established in Haryana.
- Digital connectivity for more than one lakh more villages.
- National Centre on Artificial Intelligence Centre to be established.
- Tightening of Cinematograph Act to check piracy.
- Single window clearance for shooting films for Indian filmmakers.
- Indigenous development of semi-high speed Vande Bharat Express train
- The fiscal deficit pegged at 3.4 per cent of GDP.
The Budget was keenly watched as the country is heading for a general election in 2019.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi: Eighth Instalment released
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently released the eighth instalment of Prime Minister Kisan Samman ...
How will GST Exemption lead to Price rise?
The West Bengal Chief Minister recently requested the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to exempt COVID m...
0% IGST on Import of Covid-related relief material
The Government of India recently waived the Integrated GST till June 30, 2021. This included Remdesi...
Guidelines issued for PLI Scheme for Food Processing Industry
The Government of India recently issued guidelines for the “Production Linked Scheme” of Food Pr...
New Zealand set to consolidate healthcare into National service
On April 21, 2021 the New Zealand government announced that it is to consolidate the fragmented heal...
Topics: AIIMS • Department of Fisheries • Development of infrastructure in North-East • Finance Minister • GST • Haryana • Health care • MGNREGA • National Centre on Artificial Intelligence Centre • PM-Kisan • Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana • Pradhan Mantri Shram- Yogi Maandhan • Rashtriya Kamdhenu Aayog • SC/ST welfare programmes • Small and Medium Enterprises • Vande Bharat Express train
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|