INS India, base depot ship of Indian Navy at New Delhi celebrates Platinum Jubilee
INS India, the base depot ship of Indian Navy at New Delhi celebrated its 75th anniversary (Platinum Jubilee) on 13 July 2016.
As a run up to celebrate this grand occasion, a series of events were organised. A Health Run and a Dream Walk was organised. A blood donation camp was also organised.
About INS India
- INS India was established as HMIS India in 1941 as small unit with a complement of just a handful of officers and sailors. It was rechristened as INS India on 26 Jan 1950.
- The base depot ship has the privilege of being the Flagship of the Chief of the Naval Staff.
- It is now a major establishment in New Delhi with a plethora of duties and responsibilities.
- It provides administrative and logistics cover to all officers and sailors borne in Naval Headquarters and other units at Delhi.
- During 75 years of transition of INS India, the establishment has seen as many as 32 Commanding Officers.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2016