Initiatives of GoI to promote Fit India Movement in schools
The Department of Higher Education operating under Ministry of Human Resource Development has developed actions on Fit India Programme. The operations have been sent to all the Higher Education Institutes.
The advisory has been circulated to Department of School Education and to Department of Sports at state levels.
- Implement practices that will encourage students and staffs to participate in health and wellness activities
- Pledging to maintain physical and mental fitness and to participate in sports activities regularly.
- To encourage students and staffs to use bicycles inside the campus and to keep the campus clean.
- Organize yoga and meditation events.
- To organize regular heath-check up camps and medical fitness camps.
Abuse free Campus
- To implement and tobacco free campus status
- It is the responsibility of the educational institutes to bring in zero tolerance policy towards tobacco and substance abuse
- To provide counselling services for stress management and mental health.
Fit India Movement
The Fit India Movement was launched by PM Modi in august 2019. It encourages Indians to include fitness activities in their daily lives. There is zero investment on the project. However, the reach and spread of the movement is big. The UGC and the CBSE board have asked the schools to encourage students and staffs to participate in the movement
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs