India’s first online interactive heritage portal Sahapedia launched
The Union Government has launched India’s first online interactive heritage portal named Sahapedia was in New Delhi.
The web portal is a collaborative knowledge resource on the arts, culture and heritage of India.
- Sahapedia is a not-for-profit society headed by former TCS chairman S. Ramadorai, who currently helms the National Skill Development Agency.
- The purpose of this portal is to inform, educate and act on subjects such as knowledge traditions, visual and material arts, performing arts, literature and languages.
- It also seeks to educated and spread knowledge about practices and rituals, histories, institutions, people, built spaces and natural environment.
- It will be accessible across user groups such as scholars, practitioners, students, teachers, travellers and enthusiasts.
- It will also play important role in integrating activities and services including research, documentation, digitization and conservation.