India’s lightest metro train set for Pune Metro sent from Italy
According to Titagarh Wagons Ltd, its plant in Italy has rolled out first train for Pune Metro coach.
- In total, 34 trains will be sent from Italy.
- Each train will comprise of three coaches.
- The first prototype of the metro was rolled out at a virtual ceremony that was joined by Ambassador of India to Italy, Neena Malhotra and Ambassador of Italy to India, Vincenzo de Luca.
- These coaches are scheduled to arrive Pune in September, 2021.
Features of Pune Metro
- Order for supply of 102 metro coaches for Pune metro was placed on M/s.
- These metro coaches for Pune metro will be manufactured with Aluminium for first time in India.
- They are lighter, having 15.5T axle load, than lightest coaches at Nagpur-Metro (16T axle load).
- Coaches have double-walled structure.
- Extruded sections of car body have been made of Aluminium that provides required strength. Aluminium has also reduced the weight.
- These ultra-modern metro coaches have highest safety standards with modern Italian styling.
- They result in low carbon emission and having better fuel efficiency.
It is a railway wagon manufacturer based in Titagarh, West Bengal. It manufactures coaches for Indian Railways, bailey bridges, as well as mining equipment. Its subsidiary, Titagarh Marines, operates in shipbuilding industry. Titagarh acquired a 90% stake in Italian rail equipment firm Firema Trasporti in 2015 and renamed it as Titagarh Firema SPA. Titagarh is now having 100% stake of Firema Trasporti. Titagarh wagons also acquired Kolkata-based Corporated Shipyard in 2012 and merged it with its subsidiary Titagarh Marines. Merged entity now manufactures ships for Indian Navy and was given the first defence contract in 2017.
Category: States Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|