Indian-origin Ravi Reddy appointed as Head of International Society for Blood Transfusion
An Indian-origin South African Ravi Reddy has been appointed as the Head of International Society for Blood Transfusion (ISBT).
With this, Reddy became the first person from the African continent and first person of Indian origin to head ISBT.
About Ravi Reddy
- Presently, he is serving as the Chief Operations Officer (COO) of South African National Blood Service (SANBS).
- Earlier from 2006 and 2012, he had represented the African region on the board of the ISBT.
- He is also a member of the Working Party on Transfusion and Transmissible Infections.
- He is qualified as a medical technologist with an MBA from the University of Natal in South Africa. He has published and presented large number of scientific papers.
About International Society for Blood Transfusion (ISBT)
- ISBT is a global organisation of medicine professionals working for the safety of blood transfusion worldwide.
- It was established in 1935 as a platform for exchanging knowledge and advancing the blood-transfusion practice.
- It is headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It has now with 100 member countries.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|