Indian Oil Corp tops Fortune India 500 list 2014
State-run Indian Oil Corp (IOC) has emerged as the country’s biggest company in terms of annual revenue as per an annual list of Fortune 500 companies in India- 2014. IOC topped the list with annual revenue of Rs 4, 75, 867 crore.
IOC was followed by Mukesh Ambani-led private sector giant Reliance Industries at the second place with a revenue of Rs 4, 09, 883 crore.
Top ten companies are
- Indian Oil Corp (IOC).
- Reliance Industries.
- Bharat Petroleum (BP).
- Hindustan Petroleum (HP).
- State Bank of India (SBI).
- Tata Motors.
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC).
- Tata Steel.
- Essar Oil.
- Coal India Limited (CIL).
- This year’s list of the country’s 500 largest corporations was compiled by the global business magazine Fortune’s Indian edition.
- In this list there are as many as seven energy companies in the top 10 list.
- Besides, there are a total of six state-run companies in the top-ten positions, as against four from the private sector.
- Interestingly, top eight companies have retained their respective ranks from the previous year.
Other companies in the list include Bharti Airtel (12th), ICICI Bank (14th), NTPC (15th), Tata Consultancy Services (18th) and Infosys (27th).
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|