Indian boxers win in Cadet World Championship
On 22nd July, 2021, young wrestlers from India Priya and Tannu became the latest world champions at the Cadet World Championship.
- Tannu en route to the 43kg title did not concede even a single point. She won three out of her four bouts by fall. This includes the final match against Valeryia Mikitsich of Belarus.
- Priya won the title in the 73kg category with a 5-0 win over Kseniya Patapovich of Belarus.
- Sagar Jaglan (80kg) and Aman Gulia (48kg) won titles in men’s freestyle competition and this propelled the Indian team to the Team championship title which India won for the first time.
- Varsha, another participant from India, won the bronze medal in the 65kg category with a victory by fall against Duygu Gen of Turkey.
- India finished on top with 147 points, ahead of USA (143) and Russia (140).
- On Saturday, Komal will also be in contention for world title in the 46kg category final after having defeated ‘ Sviatlana Katenka of Belarus. She will be up against Ruzanna Mammadova of Azerbaijan.
- Harshita (69kg) and Nitika (61kg) lost their semi-final bouts and will not fight for the bronze medals in their respective categories.
About Cadet World Championship
The Cadet World Championship is an annual event for Freestyle, Greco-Roman, and Women wrestlers. The best in the world who are aged 16 and 17 years compete in this tournament. This year the tournament is being hosted in Budapest, Hungary. The next tournament will be held in Rome, Italy in the year 2022.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Sports Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|