Indian-American Rupa Iyer awarded highest teaching award in US
An Indian-American biotechnologist Rupa Iyer has been awarded Distinguished Leadership in Teaching Excellence Award, University of Houston’s highest teaching award.
She was bestowed with this award for her sustained and significant contributions in the field of education. Presently, she is Associate Dean, Research and Graduate Studies at the University of Houston’s College of Technology.
About Rupa Iyer
- She is founding director of the biotechnology programme in the College of Technology since its inception.
- She is known for her strong commitment towards impacting students who benefit from her efforts to incorporate hands-on experience with problem-based learning and lectures.
- Her lectures are based on format training on diverse biotechnology systems and develop presentation skills, enabling them to thrive in the workplace.
- Iyer has been part of the College of Technology since 2005 as a credentialed associate professor. Later in 2014 she was named Associate Dean of Research and Graduate Studies.
- Her research is in the area of environmental biotechnology with applications in bioremediation.
- She has also received many awards, recognition and grants for her outstanding contributions.
About Distinguished Leadership in Teaching Excellence Award
- It is the highest award given in teaching and the only one given in this category by the University of Houston.
- The award is given to a person who has ten or more years of teaching experience and has made sustained and significant contributions to education.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2016
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|