Indian-American Rakesh K Jain to receive US National Medal of Science Award
Indian American professor Dr. Rakesh K. Jain will be presented 2015 National Medal of Science of the United States.
He will be presented with this top award by US President Barack Obama for his individual achievement and leadership in advancing the field of science and technology.
About Dr. Rakesh K. Jain
- DR Rakesh K. Jain is regarded as a pioneer in the area of tumour micro-environment.
- He is widely recognized for his seminal discoveries in tumor biology, in vivo imaging, bioengineering, drug delivery and bench-to-bedside translation.
- Currently, he is working as professor at Harvard Medical School and also is the director of tumour biology laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- He is alumnus of IIT-Kanpur and holds B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from IIT-Kanpur.
- So far, he has received more 75 awards for his contribution to engineering and medical field.
About National Medal of Science
- It is an annual award established in 1959 by United States Government. It is administered for the White House by the National Science Foundation.
- The award is bestowed by the US President to individuals in science and engineering who have made important contributions to the advancement of knowledge in the fields of behavioural and social sciences, chemistry, engineering, biology, mathematics and physics.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2016