India won 2015 SAFF football championships
India has won the 2015 South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) championship for record seventh time.
In the final match played at Thiruvanantapuram (Kerala), India defeated defending champion Afghanistan by 2-1 goal score. Jeje Lalpekhlua (72nd minute) and Sunil Chhetri (101th) had scored goals for India. For Afghanistan single goal was scored by Zubayr Amiri at 70th minute.
- Indian Team Captain: Sunil Chhetri.
- Afghanistan Team Captain: Faysal Shayesteh.
Earlier India had won the SAFF Football Championship in year 1993, 1997, 1999, 2005, 2009 and 2011.
About SAFF Football Championship
- The SAFF Championship also called South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Cup is the biennial football competition of the men’s national football teams of 8 countries in South Asia region.
- The championship was established in 1993 and is governed by the South Asian Football Federation.
- 8 participating countries are: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan (joined in 2005).
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|