India-US Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) group meeting organised virtually
Tenth Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) Group meeting was held virtually today, September 16, 2020. The meeting between India-US is held twice a year usually. This year, the group meeting was held virtually amid the COVID- 19 Pandemic.
- The meeting signed a statement of intent in order to strengthen the dialogue on defence technology cooperation.
- Both sides reported on-going activities and collaborative opportunities that are targeted for completion on priority basis.
- The grouping is aimed at focusing on the land, air, naval and aircraft carrier technologies that were established under DTTI.
About Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI)
The India-US DTTI is a mechanism that was formed in 2012. This mechanism makes sure that both India and US engage consistently to strengthen opportunities in the field of defence. Under this agreement many other pacts such as BECA, LEMOA, COMCASA were signed. The primary aim of the DTTI are to establish defence industrial base, to explore new areas of technological development and to expand India-US defence ties.
Under The DTTI, India and US are working on following projects:
- Air-launched Small Unmanned Systems,
- ISTAR (Intelligence-Surveillance-Targeting and Reconnaissance), Small Arms Technology.
- VAMRAM (Virtual Augmented Mixed Reality for Aircraft Maintenance).
- CURAM (Counter-UAS, Rocket, Artillery and Mortar) system for Indian Army.
- Terrain Shaping Obstacle system.
Significance of DTTI
The DTTI helped both the countries to enhance their bilateral exercises. Through such exercises, countries can better understand their limitations, capabilities and challenges.
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|