India to test fire sub-sonic missile Nirbhay
As per Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), India would test fire sub-sonic, medium range cruise missile Nirbhay in Feb 2013. The missile is being developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), a DRDO lab.
- All-weather low-cost medium-range cruise missile with stealth and high accuracy.
- Range of 1,000 km.
- It will carry a ring laser gyroscope for high-accuracy navigation and a radio altimeter for the height determination.
- Capable of being launched from multiple platforms on land, sea and air and shall be inducted into Indian Navy, Army, and Air Force.
- Capable of carrying nuclear warheads.
- Capable of flying at different altitudes ranging from 500 m to 4 km above the ground.
- Good loitering capability, control and guidance with high degree of accuracy for maximum impact.
- Nirbhay will supplement the Brahmos cruise missile by carrying warheads beyond the 300-km range.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|