India successfully test fires Agni-1 nuke missile user trial
India successfully test-fired its home-built nuclear potent Agni-I ballistic missile off Integrated Test Range at Wheeler Island, Odisha coast.
Highlighting features of Agni-1:
- Strike range: 700 km
- Single-stage missile
- Powered by solid propellants
- Weighs 12 tonnes, 15-metre-long
- Carrying capacity: Up to 1000 kg (1 Tonne)
- With specialized navigation system
Objective behind the launch of Agni-1 Nuke Missile:
- To train the army user team to launch the missile.
- The missile has already been inducted into the Indian Army.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2012
Topics: Abdul Kalam Island • Agni • Agni-II • Agni-III • Ballistic missile • Defence Research and Development Organisation • Guided missiles • Intercontinental ballistic missiles • Missile • Missile defense • Missiles • Weapons