India successfully test-fired nuke-capable Prithvi II missile
India’s Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully test-fired nuclear capable Prithvi II missile as part of a regular training exercise. The indigenously developed ballistic missile with a maximum range of 350 km was fired from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Balasore district, about 230 km from Bhubaneswar.
- First missile developed by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP)
- Medium: Surface-to-surface
- Fuel Type: Single-stage liquid fuelled
- Payload capacity: 500 to 1000 kg
- Range: 350km
- Variants: Prithvi I for Army, Prithvi II for Air Force and; Dhanush for the Navy
- Inducted into the SFC in 2003
2DG- DRDO’s Anti-Covid Drug
The DRDO recently announced that the 2-DG drug is to be launched next week. The 2-DG was developed b...
Iron Dome of Israel
Recently, Israel and Palestine engaged in air strikes. It all began with Israeli Police installing a...
Python 5 Air to Air Missile
The Defence Research and Development Organisation recently test fired a series of missile trials. It...
DRDO Single Crystal Blade Technology
The Defence Research and Development Organisation recently developed the Single Crystal Blade Techno...
What is Air Independent Propulsion? How is it used in Submarines?
The Defence Research Development Organisation recently achieved a milestone in the development of Ai...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|