India ranks third in global doping report for year 2013 by WADA
India has been ranked third in Anti-Doping Rule Violations Report for year 2013 released by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
As per the report 91 athletes from Indian have been tested positive for banned substances in year 2013. Of these 91 Indians athletes, 20 were women athletes.
Key facts from report
- Russia was ranked first in this report with maximum number of doping athletes with 212 testing positive.
- Turkey was placed at second position with 155 positive doping athletes’ cases.
- France came fourth in this list with 90 positive doping cases.
- Overall 1953 athletes across the globe had committed anti-doping rule violations.
- Out of 1953 athletes, 1687 were actually found guilty for using banned substances while 266 violated other rules.
- The comprehensive report had dealt with testing of 207,513 samples which were covered from 115 nationalities and 89 sports events.
- Sports discipline wise doping cases: Track and field athletes lead in this report with 280 global cases. In this case 30 Indian athletes were involved.
- Weightlifting is second sports event with 19 doping cases. Wrestling is third sporting event with 9 Anti-Doping Rule violation cases.
- Other sports are powerlifters (8), bodybuilding (8), judo (7), boxing (4), aquatics (2), cycling (2), kabaddi (2). Cricket, football, taekwondo and volleyball reported one case each.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2015
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|