India Railways launches RuPay pre-paid debit card service
Indian Railways has launched RuPay pre-paid debit card service for the railway passengers.
The service was launched by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) in collaboration with the Union Bank of India (UBI) and the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
- By using RuPay pre-paid cards, passengers now can book their tickets, do shopping and pay service bills.
- Initially the service will be available only for booking rail tickets and later on facility of shopping and bill payments will be upgraded.
- These cards will be made available from UBI offices or through IRCTC online.
- The cardholder can have a loading limit of Rs 10,000 with partial Know Your Customer (KYC) detail or with full KYC detail of Rs 50,000 loading limit.
- For every month, first five transactions done per card for purchase of train tickets through IRCTC will be free. Subsequent transaction after free usage limit, customer will be charged extra Rs 10 per transaction.
- For first six months no transaction charges will be levied from the customers for usage of this services.
It should be noted that RuPay is India’s own card payment gateway network like Master Card and Visa. It provides an alternative system for banks to provide debit card service.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|