India and Qatar ink six pacts to boost trade and investment
India and Qatar have signed six pacts including agreements and Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) to increase commercial and economic exchanges between both nations.
These pacts were signed after Emir of Qatar Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani had held extensive talks with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
List of Agreements /MoUs signed between both nations
- Agreement on Transfer of Sentenced Persons- Under this agreement sentenced prisoners will be transferred to home country. Indian prisoners convicted in Qatar will be brought to India to serve the remaining part of their sentence. Similarly citizens of Qatar convicted in India will be sent to their home country to serve their sentence.
- MoU for Cooperation in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) – It will provide enhanced business opportunities for Indian ITC industry in Qatar. With this MoU India will play pivotal role in Qatar’s ambitious programme of Qatar 2030 vision for overall development. In this regard Qatar has created a dedicated Ministry of Information and Communication Technology for capacity building in ICT.
- MoU between Union Ministry of Earth sciences and Qatar Meteorological Department for Scientific and Technical cooperation- For scientific collaboration between India and Qatar to improve atmospheric & Oceanic capacity in both the countries. In this regard Qatar’s Meteorological Department will be tie up with Indian Meteorological Department.
- MoU between Diplomatic Institute of Foreign Service Institute, MEA and MOFA, Qatar- Help in exchange of students, trainees, faculty members and experts between both nations to enhance their skills and improve the training programme.
- MoU for cooperation in the field of Television and Radio- Encourage regular exchange of TV and radio programmes and material between India’s Prasar Bharati and Qatar Media Cooperation.
- Agreement for Mutual Cooperation and Exchange of News- To enhance and develop bilateral cooperation in the field of exchange of English-language news on daily basis and free of charge between two nations. In this regard Qatari News Agency and United News of India are the signatories.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|