India drops to 64th position on Global Innovation Index
- India dropped in the Global Innovation Index (GII) ranking of 2012 to 64th position from 62nd in 2011.
- Lowest among the BRICS nations in the 2012 GII.
- Nonetheless, the nation ameliorated its position in innovation efficiency from 9th position (just behind China).
Rank in Innovation Efficiency
- GII exhibits nations that are innovating in spite of a weaker innovation environment.
- Switzerland, Sweden and Singapore secured the top 3 positions in the GII rankings.
- The Global Innovation Index 2012 was released by France-based international business school INSEAD and World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), a specialized agency of the United Nations, along with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2012
Topics: BRIC • Foreign relations • Foreign relations of Brazil • Foreign relations of China • Foreign relations of India • GII • Global Innovation Index • innovation • INSEAD • International Relations • Politics by country • World Intellectual Property Organization
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|