India, Denmark MoU on Labour Mobility
Who signed ?
Overseas Indian Affairs Minister Vayalar Ravi, who is currently on a tour to Denmark and Danish Minister of Refugee, Immigration and Integration Affairs Birther Ronn Hornbech. The MOU was signed at Copenhegen , capital of Denmark.
- It is first MoU on Labour Mobility Partnership of India with any European nation.
- It will facilitate promotion of orderly migration of workers from India to meet the growing demand for skilled and trained workers in Denmark and prevent illegal/irregular migration.
- Increased cooperation would include labour market expansion, employment facilitation, organised entry and orderly migration and exchange of information and cooperation in introducing best practices for mutual benefit.
- MOU also assures “equal treatment of workers with the nationals of the receiving state, undertaking mutually beneficial studies for recruitment and identifying emerging sectors in Denmark that require qualified workers, promoting direct contact between the employers in Denmark and the state managed or private recruiting agencies in India, without intermediaries to facilitate regular and orderly recruitment of workers.
- The MoU provides “protection and welfare of all categories of workers under the labour laws and other relevant laws of the host country
- It also provides for constitution of a Joint Working Group (JWG) of both the countries.