India, China ink 24 key agreements to boost ties in trade, economy, education
India and China signed 24 key agreements to strengthen their bilateral relationship in several fields including trade and commerce, education, skill development, railways, human resource and other areas.
The agreements were signed in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang after delegation level talks in Beijing.
Key agreements signed are
- MoU in the field of Railways which will enable India to seek Chinese cooperation to introduce high speed rails on Delhi-Nagpur Sector, and increase track speed on Chennai-Benguluru-Mysore route. As part of MoU, China will also extend assistance in establishment of Railway University in India.
- Several other agreements were also signed to strengthen cooperation in the fields of trade and investment and other fields and for establishing relationship at the provincial, city and municipality level between India and China.
- MoUs in this regard, will facilitate establishment of relationship between Chennai and Chongqing, Karnataka and Sichuan, Hyderabad and Qingdao and Aurangabad and Dunhuang as sister-state or province relations.
- MoU to open consulate General offices in Chengdu and Chennai to facilitate trade and economic engagement and people-to-people exchanges.
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and China’s Fudan University signed an agreement for establishment of Centre for Gandhian and Indian Studies at Fudan University and Yoga College in Kunming.
- MoU to enhance increase cooperation in the field of vocational education. It will facilitate China to extend assistance in establishment of vocational training institutes in India.
- An action plan on cooperation in setting up of the Mahatma Gandhi National Institute for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in Gujarat.
- Both nations also signed Space Cooperation Outline for 5 years i.e. from 2015-2020.
- MoU was also signed between Union Ministry of Earth Sciences and China’s Earthquake Administration for cooperation in earthquake science and earthquake engineering.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2015