First India-ASEAN InnoTech Summit held in New Delhi
The first India-ASEAN InnoTech Summit was held in New Delhi. It was organized by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) in association with Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Ministry of External Affairs.
Objectives of this summit were
- Explore avenues of cross country partnerships with Indian R&D-based enterprises.
- Capture global trends in technology management and strategy
- Advance progressive ideas for policy reforms and regulatory environment
- Create avenues for industry-academia-government partnerships
- Build capacities for market assessment and rapid commercialization of research
- Promote best practices in financing, strategy, and leadership
- Connect local and global research & development community for collaborative engagement
Participating ASEAN member countries in this summit were Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam. On sidelines of this summit, an exhibition to showcase best Indian Innovative Technologies, with potential implementation in ASEAN region was also organized. Besides this summit also provided platform for B2G meetings i.e. one to one meeting with ASEAN delegation of ministers, advisors, and other dignitaries.
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
ASEAN is regional intergovernmental organisation comprising 10 Southeast Asian countries, which promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic, political, security, military, educational, and sociocultural integration. 10-member ASEAN comprise of Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Brunei and Laos. India is a full dialogue partner of the ASEAN.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|