Income Tax Department to launch its new e-filing portal
Income Tax Department is set to launch its new ITR e-filing portal, which can be accessed through website called “www.incometax.gov.in’’.
ITR e-filing portal
ITR e-filing portal will be launched with aim of providing a modern, seamless and more convenient experience to taxpayers. Portal has been integrated with immediate processing of Income Tax Returns and quick refunds to taxpayers.
Features of the portal
- Portal will act as one-stop centre and display all interactions or pending actions on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayer.
- It will offer a free-of-cost Income Tax Return (ITR) preparation software with interactive questions to help taxpayers.
- It will also enable taxpayers to proactively update their profile to provide certain details of income to be used in pre-filling their ITR.
- It will enable pre-filling with salary income, interest, dividend and capital gains after TDS and SFT statements.
- To response to queries of taxpayers, portal includes a new call center and also provide detailed FAQs, chatbot or live agent etc.
- Portal comprises of options for filing Income Tax Forms, add tax professionals and submit responses to notices in faceless scrutiny or appeals.
Dedicated Mobile App
IT department will also launch a mobile app subsequently after launching the portal which will enable taxpayers to get familiar with several features.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|