IIT Madras, Sony to collaborate on hackathon
Indian Institute of Technology-Madras and Sony India Software Centre have proposed to host a hackathon called Samvedan 2021.
- Under the hackathon, contestants will be asked to develop solutions for societal problems in India.
- Participants of IITM-PTF’s (IIT-Madras Pravartak Technologies Foundation) ‘Sensing Solutions for Bharat’ will use Internet of Things sensor board.
- Competition will be based on Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation’s presence board.
- Registration for the competition commenced on July 1.
- Registration is open to all Indian nationals.
Winners of competition
Winners of the competition will be eligible for entrepreneurial support from IITM-PTF. This competition is also open to industry personnel and academics.
Sony will use its leading-edge technology in solving India’s problems. Under the competition, each team will a maximum of three members. Challenge will be held in three stages. A total of 75 ideas would be selected for quarter-finals. 25 will make to semi-finals. Out of 25, seven finalists will be selected. Each finalist will receive prizes worth ₹3 lakh. Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation will provide a free spresence boar to each quarter-finalist.
Sony Group Corporation
Sony is a Japanese multinational conglomerate corporation, headquartered in Minato, Tokyo. The company operates as world’s largest manufacturers of consumer and professional electronic products. it is also the largest video game publisher & a largest music companies. Sony is one of the most comprehensive media companies. It is the largest Japanese media conglomerate by size and has overtaken Yomiuri Shimbun Holdings which is a largest Japanese media conglomerate by revenue.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: Events Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|