IIT Madras launches ‘Centre for Research on Start-Ups and Risk Financing’
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has launched a ‘Centre for Research on Start-Ups and Risk Financing’ (CREST) which will provide academic & thought leadership in innovation, entrepreneurship and risk capital.
- CREST will help in creating a data repository on Indian start-ups and ventures.
- It will address a hurdle for engaging in high-quality research.
- CREST as an information resource will be made accessible for researchers & policymakers which can result in top-tier publications.
- CREST mission would engage in scholarly research encompassing areas of innovation, entrepreneurship, and risk capital.
- This data repository is being developed on innovation, venturing and risk capital which will create infrastructure to carry high-quality research.
Vision of CREST
CREST mission has been launched with the vision to be globally recognized as leading centre of research in the fields of creation, development, and financing of innovation, start-ups, and entrepreneurship. It also seeks to establish a system of cross-country collaborative research which will help in use of unique data sets on start-ups and venture capital. It will carry evidence synthesis on start-up & innovation ecosystem to inform policymakers and practitioners.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|