IISc ranked India's top university in first NIRF Survey
The Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Bangaluru was adjudged as the best Indian university in the first National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF).
NIRF Survey was the first of its kind of indigenous ranking framework for higher education institutions in the country. It was launched by the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development in September 2015.
It outlines a methodology to rank institutions across the country based on the parameters broadly covering Teaching, Learning and Resources, Research and Professional practices, Graduation Outcomes, Outreach and inclusivity and Perception.
The NIRF ranking covers six categories of institutions including universities, engineering, management, pharmacy, architecture and colleges.
Top 5 universities
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (Score: 91.81)
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (87.58)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (86.45)
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad (85.45)
- Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam (84.31)
Top 5 management institutes
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore (Score: 93.04)
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (89.1)
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta (87.45)
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow (86.12)
- Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur (84.22)
Top 5 engineering institutes
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (Score: 89.41)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (87.66)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (83.91)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (82.02)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (81.07)
Top 5 Pharmacy Institutions
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chandigarh
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs