IEPF Authority recovers Rs 1514 Cr of Depositors Money
The Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) Authority in a major success has recovered deposits worth Rs 1,514 crore from Kolkata-based Peerless General Finance and Investment Company. This money of depositors was pending with the company for the last 15 years.
Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority
- Investor Education and Protection Fund (IEPF) was established by the central government under Section 125 of Companies Act 2013.
- It is a statutory body established under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- The Secretary in the Ministry of Corporate Affairs is the Chairperson of IEPF.
- The authority aims to administer the Investor Education and Protection Fund with the objective of promoting Investor’s Education, Awareness and Protection.
- It is empowered to undertake various initiatives to fulfil its objectives through Investor Awareness Programmes and various other mediums like print, Electronic, Social Media and Community Radio.
Further to enhance its reach, the IEPF Authority is also in the process of commissioning an online facility to collect primary information directly from retail investors about the deposits which have matured and are still pending with various entities for repayment or payment of interests.
NFRA creates Database of companies and auditors
The National Financial Reporting Authority is creating a database of companies and auditors. Content...
National Internet Exchange of India Initiatives
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology recently launched three new initiatives of Na...
Italy: First Food Park in India
Italy recently launched the first “Mega Food Park” in India involving food processing facilities...
SEBI: India should separate the roles of Chairperson and Managing Director
The Securities and Exchange Board of India recently announced that it will not extend the deadline t...
MCA amends the Definition of Small Companies
The ministry of corporate affairs (MCA) has amended definition of the small companies by amending th...
4-tier structure for Tighter Regulation of NBFCs
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has recently proposed for a four-tier structure for tighter regula...
Parliament passes Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation and Amendment of Certain provisions) bill
On September 23, 2020, Parliament passed the Taxation and other laws (Relaxation and Amendment of ce...
Insolvency and Bankruptcy (Second Amendment) passed in Rajya Sabha
On September 19, 2020, the Rajya Sabha passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy code (second Amendment) ...
MCA proposes decriminalisation of compoundable offences under LLP Act
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has proposed to decriminalise certain compoundable offences ...
Category: Economy & Banking Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|