ICG organises 4th Subordinate Officers Conclave
The 4th Coast Guard Subordinate Officers Conclave 2019 was inaugurated by Rajendra Singh, Director General of Indian Coast Guard (ICG). The two-day conclave was held at ICG Headquarters in New Delhi.
Key Highlights of Conclave
- About: Subordinate officer’s conclave is a unique initiative among the armed forces of country. It is where suggestions and ideas of jawans are taken into account for running the force. This idea of Subordinate Officers Conclave is in line with Prime Minister’s vision to encourage innovative idea towards inclusive growth of Service.
- Deliberations: during 4th Conclave will focus on accountability in job profile, improving lifestyle for healthy living and integrating evolving technology in Coast Guard operations, primarily towards strengthening search and rescue operations during floods and cyclone.
- It will have brainstorming and other plenary sessions, involving highly motivated and committed subordinate officers who have come from various units of Coast Guard across India.
- During conclave Navik Vinod was conferred ‘Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak’ by DG Rajendra Singh in recognition of his exceptional courage, expert use of lifesaving techniques and selfless attitude displayed while rescuing a women drowning in rough sea due to monsoonal weather conditions in pitch dark hours near Gateway of India, Mumbai in 2018.
- Coast Guard Benevolent Association App was launched on the occasion. This App can be used by Coast Guard Personnel to log on site and apply for required financial assistance online. It is a step forward towards paperless Office and ease of transactions for officers.
- Significance: ICG has widened horizons of subordinate officers as well as provided them a platform to express their innovative ideas, thought process before highest decision-making echelons in service.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Defence Current Affairs
Topics: 4th Coast Guard Subordinate Officers Conclave 2019 • Director General of Indian Coast Guard • ICG • Indian Armed Forces • Navik Vinod • oast Guard Benevolent Association App • Rajendra Singh • Subordinate Officers Conclave • Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak