I&B Ministry institutes Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has instituted a new award called Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS) from year 2019 to recognise contribution made by media in spreading awareness about Yoga and for promotion and commemoration of International Yoga Day, held every year on 21 June.
- About: Union Ministry of I&B instituted 1st Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS) from 2019 onwards to acknowledge positive role and responsibility of media in disseminating outreach of Yoga in India and abroad.
- Eligible: AYDMS will be conferred to Media Houses engaged in Print Media and Electronic Media (including Television & Radio).
- Coverage Duration: Media campaigns on yoga from 10 June to 25 June coverage will be considered for International Yoga Day Awards.
- Jury: Six-member jury will assess contribution of Media in popularising of Yoga.
- Prize: AYDMS will comprise a special medal, plaque and trophy and a citation.
- Categories: A total of 33 awards will be given to media houses including 11 each for print media, TV and radio channels for excellent coverage given to Yoga. Sammans will conferred in all 22 Indian languages (mentioned in Schedule 8 of constitution) and English under categories such as-
- Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Newspapers.
- Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Television.
- Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Radio.
- Award Ceremony: Tentatively the award ceremony for AYDMS will be held in July, 2019 at which all honours will be announced.
- Importance: Practice and propagation of Yoga has led to ‘Healthy life, Healthy living, Wellness and Prevention of Disease’ globally. Yoga not only acts as India’s soft power throughout the world but is also India’s gifts to world. With Yoga being universally acknowledged by United Nations (UN) and being practiced globally in over 200 countries on 21st June every year, it has now become mantra of New India.
International Day of Living Together in Peace: May 16
Every year, the International Day of Living Together in Peace is celebrated by United Nations and se...
International Day of Light: May 16
Every year, the International Day of Light is celebrated on May 16 by UNESCO and several other inter...
International Day of Families: May 15
Every year, the International Family Day is celebrated on May 15. It is also called the World Family...
What is happening in Gaza?
The tensions in the Gaza strip have been escalating since the Israeli police put a barricade at the ...
Space Debris Guidelines of United Nations
The Chinese rocket Long March 5B recently fell into the Indian Ocean near Maldives. The track of the...
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2019
Category: Awards, Persons & Places in News
Topics: 21 June • Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman • electronic media • I&B Ministry institutes Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman • International Yoga Day • Print Media • UN • United Nations • Yoga
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|