Himachal Pradesh’s Renukaji Dam project
On December 27, 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay down the foundation of Renukaji Dam Project in Himachal Pradesh.
- It is a Rs 6,700-crore project on the Giri river in Sirmaur district.
- The project, once completed, is likely to generate 200 million units of energy in a surface power house which have the installed capacity of 40 MW.
- Storage capacity of the dam will be 498 million cubic meters.
- It will fulfil around 40 per cent of the drinking water requirement of Delhi.
Construction of the dam was pending since the last three decades. It will finally take shape following cooperation on behalf of six states name, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.
Developmental Projects in Himachal Pradesh
- Prime Minister will also lay the foundation of development projects worth Rs 11,281 crore in Himachal Pradesh.
- He will also preside the second ground-breaking ceremony of Himachal Pradesh’s Global Investors’ Meet.
- Global Investors’ meet is likely to give a boost to investments in the region with the development of projects worth around Rs 28,000 crore.
Renuka dam project
Renuka dam project has been conceived on Giri river, as a storage project. Giri river is a tributary of the Yamuna. The project is being conceived in Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh. It envisages making a dam of 148-metre height, which will supply water to Delhi and other basin states. The dam will also generate a power of 40 MW. 90% of the cost of irrigation or drinking water component will be provided by central government while 10% will be provided by rest of the basin States.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|