Hero MotoCorp unveiled diesel concept motorcycle
The two-wheeler maker, Hero MotoCorp unveiled a diesel-electric hybrid scooter concept, ‘RNT’, which is probably the world’s first and smallest diesel engine for two-wheelers.
The concept unveiled along with four more products – Leap (hybrid scooter) and 250 cc bike HXR250R are completely new products, while Dash (110cc scooter) and Xtreme Sports (150cc bike) models are based on existing platforms.
- Hero Dash is a Maestro-sized scooter has an 111cc 4-stroke 8.4PS/9.4Nm engine. It has 12-inch tyres and a 6-litre fuel tank. Comes with Hero’s Integrated Braking. Drum brakes on both the ends.
- Hero Leap is a petrol-hybrid has a 3-litre fuel tank. It weighs in at 140kg and will be launched by the next fiscal year.
About RNT 150cc diesel motorcycle
- Has a hub electric motor on the front wheel, which is powered by an electric battery pack to give the rider a unique two wheel drive option for off road and slushy road conditions.
- Features: wide, flat-loading surfaces, multi-use folding side racks, spacious footboards, removable secondary LED headlight and a large, comfortable seat. It comes with an electric drive at front wheel for off-road conditions.
- The bike boasts of a power take-off shaft which can be used to drive a generator or water pump.
Rider can also shut off the rear drive and move on electric power front wheel-drive in towns and cities.
RBI’s Monetary Policy Review: RBI Hikes Repo Rate to 6.25%
On June 6, 2018, the six members Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of RBI has decided to hike Repo (sh...
Google's Rajan Anandan Appointed Chairman of IAMAI
Google’s vice-president for South East Asia and India, Rajan Anandan has been appointed as the new...
Tata Group Named Country's Most Valuable Brand in Brand Finance List
Brand finance in its 2017 report that lists India’s 100 most valuable brands has named Tata Group...
India's GDP Growth Forecast for 2017 Revised Downward by UN
In the report titled, World Economic Situation and Prospects, the UN has projected a 7.3% growth for...
Forex Reserves reach Life-Time High of $375.71 billion
According to RBI, India’s foreign exchange (Forex) reserves have increased by $2.985 billion t...
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|