Hangzhou City of China chosen to host 2022 Asian Games
Capital city of Zhejiang Province Hangzhou in East China has been chosen by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) to host the 2022 Asian Games.
Hangzhou was the only candidate city for the 2022 Asian Games i.e. XIX edition of games.
This decision was taken by the OCA at its 34th Congress held in Ashkhabad, Turkmenistan.
It will be the third Chinese city to host the Asian games following Beijing in 1990 and Guangzhou in 2010.
Hangzhou is best known for the West Lake, a placid and tourist attraction. It is also home base of Chinese Internet (ecommerce) giant Alibaba.
About Asian Games
- Asian Games also known as Asiad is a pancontinental multi-sport event (44 sports events) among athletes from all over Asia.
- It is held every four years and regulated and organized by the OCA since 1982.
- It was first held in 1951 in New Delhi, India under the aegis of Asian Games Federation (AGF).
- 46 member countries affiliated to the OCA are eligible to take part in the Games. It is often described as the second largest multi-sport event after the Olympic Games.
- Incheon, South Korean city had hosted last Asian Games in 2014, while Indonesia’s Jakarta is going to host in 2018 Asian Games.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|