Gurpreet Singh Sandhu becomes first Indian footballer to play in Europa League
Gurpreet Singh Sandhu became the first Indian football player to play in UEFA Europa League.
He achieved this feat after was named in Norwegian club Stabaek FC’s squad for qualifying match against Connah’s Quay Nomads FC in Europa League.
About Gurpreet Singh Sandhu
- Born on 3 February 1992 in Mohali, Punjab.
- Presently, he plays as a goalkeeper for Norwegian Tippeligaen football club Stabaek and also represents Indian national team.
- He is the fifth Indian football player to play in Europe at professional level after Mohammed Salim, Baichung Bhutia, Sunil Chhetri and Subrata Pal.
- In Indian national team he made his debut for the U19s in the 2010 against the Iraq U19s in the AFC U-19 Championship.
- In 2011 AFC Asian Cup, he had played for senior Indian team squad of 23 against Turkmenistan.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2016