Gurdeep Singh appointed as CMD of NTPC
Gurdeep Singh has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited.
His appointment was confirmed by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
He has been appointed through a search committee route and became the first person to be appointed to the top job at a Maharatna company through this way.
About Gurdeep Singh
- Prior to this appointment he was serving as the managing director (MD) of Gujarat State Electricity Company Limited (GESC).
- He had spearheaded several key reforms during his tenure at GESC, Singh including innovative solar power programmes such as the solar power plant over the Sardar Sarovar canal
- He had started his career in NTPC in 1987 and earlier had worked with Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation, IDFC Projects and Powergen in different capacities.
About National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
- NTPC limited is a Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU), operational under the aegis of Union Ministry of Power.
- It I engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Established: 1975 by Union Government which now holds 70% of its equity shares as of May 2015 (after divestment of its stake in 2004, 2010, 2013, and 2015).
- It is India’s largest power generator company and accounts for 25 per cent of total electricity generated in the country.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|