Gujarat tops in e-transactions
Gujarat has become first state in to surpass the 1 billion mark in e-Transactions and to achieve landmark of 100 crore e-Transactions. It was revealed by e-Transaction Aggregation and Analysis – ‘eTaal’, a National e-services Dashboard portal created by the Government of India.
As per e-taal data, e-transactions in the last two years from January 1, 2013 to November 26, 2014 of top 4 states are
- Gujarat has topped with 100.21 crore e-transactions.
- Madhya Pradesh with 62.21 crore e-transactions.
- Maharashtra with 53.62 crore e-transactions
- Andhra Pradesh with 31.95 crore e-transactions.
Gujarat accounts for making nearly 27 per cent of the total 373 core e-transactions in India.
The e-Taal portal was initiated by Government of India’s Information Technology Department during the UPA rule. The portal reflects transaction statistics periodically on near real time basis.
The Union Government projects recorded 185 crore e-transactions since January 2013. Sectors such as agriculture (92 crore), common service centres (17 crore), judiciary (13 crore) and health (10 crore) contribute the maximum to the Centre’s e-transactions.
Gujarat’s contributing services for e-transactions are
- Major contributing services are Land Records, Utility Services & Bill Payments, Public Distribution System (PDS), Education, Health, Skill Development, Transport, Industry & Commerce, Court & Judiciary, Integrated Finance Management Services (IFMS) and Municipality Services etc.
- Gujarat State Government also has started implementing mobile governance to expand its e-governance programme. In 2014, Gujarat registered over 58 crore cases of Government services being disbursed online.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|