Group of Ministers submitted draft proposal on Employment and Skill Development
The Group of Ministers Committee formed under the leadership of Social Justice and Empowerment Minister recently submitted its draft proposals on employment and skill development.
The following proposals were made by the draft
- The draft has proposed “The Land Pooling Model”. The model is being used in greenfield airports. The proposal suggests to use the model in agriculture to enable corporatization. This will increase the demand for skilled labours
- Also, the draft suggests to merge MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) along with the skill development programmes. This will expand MNREGA to industries and MSMEs. By this cost of wages shall be made competitive creating local employment wave.
- It suggests the Reserve Bank of India to cut reverse repo rate to 0%. This when done for a few months will incentivize banks.
- A National Electronic Employment Exchange has been proposed. This will help the migrated workers at larger extent. It also suggests to establish a Migrant Worker Welfare Fund.
- It suggests to provide cottage industry status to the food processing industries that are spread all over the country.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
The draft has suggested to enroll every migrant worker under the programme. This will help him get access to cashless medical facilities. It is to be noted that the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has been involved in the COVID-19 fight.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The proposal has suggested to leverage the potential of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. This will help create a balance between the farming and non-farming activities.
Month: Current Affairs - May, 2020
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
Topics: Aayushman Bharat • Food Processing • Migrant workers • Ministry for Social Justice and Empowerment • MNREGA • MSME • pradhan mantri jan arogya yojana • Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana • RBI • Repo Rate