Govt announces launch of National Logistics Excellence Awards
On July 19, 2021, to turn the spotlight on the logistics sector, the Government of India announced the launch of a new category of awards named the National Logistics Excellence Awards. This newly launched awards will provide with due recognition to the various players involved in the logistics supply chain in the country.
- The awards are divided in two categories. The first category includes service providers and logistics infrastructure and second category will be awarded for the various user industries.
- The launch of the National Logistics Excellence Awards will highlight best practices which include process standardisation, consolidation, digital transformations, technological upgrade and sustainable practices in the logistics sector.
- Through these awards, the government aims to turn the spotlight on logistics service providers who have attained adopted digitisation and technology, operational excellence, pursued sustainable practices and improved customer service among the many other achievements.
- For the user industries, these awards will showcase efforts towards supplier ecosystem development, supply chain transformation, automation, skill development and other similar endeavours.
- The government has said that the winners of these awards will be announced on 31st
The commerce ministry has recently announced that an initiative has been launched to acclimatize farmers who are involved in the cultivation of Basmati rice by Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority’s (APEDA) arm the Basmati Export Development Foundation (BEDF). Under this initiative, BEDF and the Rice Exporters Association of Uttar Pradesh has collaborated to launch an awareness campaign through which farmers will be encouraged to grow high-quality Basmati rice at Jahangirpur which is located in the Gautam Buddha Nagar district of the state of Uttar Pradesh.
Month: Current Affairs - July, 2021
Category: India Nation & States Current Affairs
Topics: Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority's (APEDA) • Basmati Export Development Foundation (BEDF) • logistics supply chain • Ministry of Commerce and Industry • National Logistics Excellence Awards
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|