Government launches Online Film Certification System
The Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry has launched the e-Cinepramaan, an online film certification system of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
This initiative was launched on the lines of Union Government’s vision of ease-of-doing business and digital India, to make the entire process transparent and efficient.
Its objective is to eliminate the need for human interface to the extent possible and enable good governance by automating film certification process.
Features of e-Cinepramaan
- The system will show status of each application online in the dashboard of the producer and concerned CBFC official.
- Producers of short films/promos/trailers less than 10 minutes can submit their creations online for examination purposes without need to not visit CBFC Office/Theatre.
- In case of films longer than 10 minutes, the producer/applicant will only have to show the film at the Examining theatre. He will not have to visit the CBFC Offices at all except to collect their certificates.
- The producer/applicant will be informed status of their application by SMS/e-mail. It will also inform any action needed and provide receipt of application to the certificate collection.
- It will bring transparency in the system by eliminating middle men. It will mitigate chances of any corruption and avoid allegations of jumping the queue or rigging up of Examination committees.
- Under it, QR code on the certificates will be implemented to eliminate chances of fraudulent certificates.
- The system also envisages a robust MIS system for performance tracking and efficient reporting. It has inbuilt alerts depending on the pendency of application to ensure that time limits prescribed by the Rules.
- It will be an important step in making the CBFC office paperless and will enable effective monitoring and real-time progress tracking for both the CBFC officials and the applicants.