Government launches 2nd Swajal Yojana project in Rajasthan

The Ministry of Drinking Water & Sanitation has launched second project of Swajal Yojana at village Bhikampura, Karauli, Rajasthan. It was launched by Union Minister of Drinking Water and Sanitation Uma Bharti.
Under this project, four reservoirs will be constructed in village and common tap connection will be given to almost 300 households.

Swajal Yojana

Swajal is community owned drinking water programme for sustained drinking water supply. The scheme aims at ensuring availability of clean drinking water to every household round year and also generate employment.  Under it, 90% of the project cost is borne by Government and remaining 10% cost is contributed by the community. The Operations and management of the project will be taken care by the local villagers. Project undertaken under it will ease lives of people and ensure that potable water is available for every individual round the year.



Latest E-Books