GoI marks 5th Anniversary of Urban Missions
On June 25, 2020, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organized a webinar to mark the 5th anniversary of urban missions. This included Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban), Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT), Smart Cities mission.
The event was organised to celebrate the achievements of the schemes and also to further boost their implementation.
The following announcements were made during the event
- An E-book highlighting progress of the ministry of housing and urban affairs was released
- National Institute of Urban Affairs website was launched. The website will strengthen information on urban development
Also, the event highlighted the existing initiatives that helped in the success of the mission. They are as follows
- National Urban Learning platform: The platform consolidated key skills and knowledge required for capacity building. This is the key for effective governance as it helps to nurture leadership qualities at centre, state and district levels.
- National Institute of Urban Affairs Climate Centre for Cities were established. It is called NIUA C3. It will consolidate the learning experiences in the cities.
- The NIUA CDG was launched. It is National Institute of Urban Affairs Centre for Digital Governance. It is an initiative that will take forward the digital transformation in urban governance all over the states and cities.
- Cycles4Change Challenge: The initiative was launched under Smart Cities Programme. Under the initiative low cost interventions such as pop-up cycle lanes, non-motorized zones were launched. It promoted cycle usages. It also brought in community-led cycle rental schemes.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2020