Goa Institution for Future Transformation (GIFT)
Goa government established “Goa Institution for Future Transformation (GIFT)” on the line of NITI Ayog.
- GIFT will function on the lines of NITI Aayog. It will assist, advise and guide government on policy making, its formulation and implementation.
- It will also help in monitoring sustainable development goals and evaluation of several development plans, programmes and schemes.
- Directorate of Planning, Statistics and Evaluation issued the notification.
- It will be backed up under Article 309 of Constitution of India to attain autonomy.
- GIFT will also serve as knowledge hub Goa, showcasing best practices suited for sustainable development of the State.
Union Cabinet had approved proposal of setting up GIFT. Later, Chief Minister of Goa late Manohar Parrikar had discontinued State Planning Board from April 1, 2017 after union government discontinued Planning Commission at national level. Announcement to constitute GIFT was made by Sawant in his budget speech. GIFT was earlier named as “State Institution for Transforming Goa (SIT-Goa)”.
It is institution of Government of India, best known for formulation of India’s Five-Year Plans. It was dissolved in 2017 after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced to dissolve the commission in his first Independence Day speech in 2014. Ex officio members of the Commission were Finance Minister, Agriculture Minister, Health Minister, Home Minister, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister, Law Minister, Information Technology Minister, Minister of state for Planning and Human Resource Development Minister.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|