Global Talent Competitive Index: Key Facts
The Global Talent Competitive Index prepared by the INSEAD business school in partnership with Tata Communications and Adecco Group was released on the first day of the World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting 2019.
The Global Talent Competitive Index measures how countries and cities grow, attract and retain talent, ranking 125 countries and 114 cities across all groups of income and levels of development.
Where does India stand?
The findings of the 2019 Global Talent Index for India are:
- Even though India has moved up one position to rank 80th on the global talent competitive index, India remains a laggard among the BRICS nations.
- India’s performance was better than its lower-income peers when it comes to growing talent (48th) and access to growth opportunities (41st).
- In spite of the scope for improvement across the board, India’s biggest challenge is to improve its ability to attract (95th) and retain (96th) talent.
- India needs to address its poor level of Internal Openness (116th) in particular with respect to weak gender equality and low tolerance towards minorities and immigrants and its disappointing showing in lifestyle (112th) indicators.
The global findings of the Index are:
- Switzerland is followed by Singapore, the US, Norway and Denmark in the top five on the list.
- The talent gap between higher and lower-income countries has widened over the last five years.
- Countries in Asia, Latin America and Africa are seeing a progressive erosion of their talent base.
- China’s ranking fell by two places to 45. Even then China is the best performer among BRICS countries.
- The report cities rather than countries are developing stronger roles as talent hubs and will be crucial in reshaping the global talent scene.
- The top-ranked city in the index is Washington DC, followed by Copenhagen, Oslo, Vienna and Zurich.
The study found that entrepreneurial talent has become a key differentiator in relative talent competitiveness.
Miss Universe 2020
Andrea Meza of Mexico was crowned the Miss Universe, 2020. The 69th edition of Miss Universe was hel...
US Gas Shortage 2021
The gasoline shortages in the US East Coast recently began to ease since the Colonial Pipeline Cyber...
What is the Heartbeat Bill?
Texas recently passed the Heartbeat Bill. It is a controversial bill in the United States. The bill ...
1st BRICS Employment Working Group (EWG) Meeting
The first BRICS Employment Working Group was held virtually. It was hosted by India. India assumed B...
China launches classified Yaogan satellites into orbit
China recently launched Changsei 2C rocket from the Xichang satellite launch centre. It is a Yaogan ...
Category: Reports & Indexes Current Affairs
Topics: Afirca • Asia • BRICS • China • Copenhagen • Denmark • Global Talent Competitive Index • India • INSEAD • Latin America • Norway • Oslo • Singapore • Switzerland • USA • Vienna • Washington DC • WEF • World Economic Forum • Zurich
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|