G20 Labour and Employment Ministers’ Meeting
G20 Labour & Employment Ministers’ Meeting was hosted in blended mode by Italy.
- During the virtual meeting, G-20 Ministers exchanged their views on transitions from school to work.
- Ministry of labour & employment, India was represented by MoS (I/C) Shri Santosh Gangwar along with minister of state for education, Sanjay Dhotre.
- Ministers reiterated to recognize the need to equip youth well for a smooth transition into work space after they complete their education.
- This move is especially important for learners belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged population groups, who are more at risk of being left behind.
- Indian Minister committed to help its youth in developing knowledge, skills and attitudes which are necessary for 21st century global work space. India’s approach is to integrate vocational education with general academic education. It also focuses on demand driven, competency based and modular vocational courses.
- India is also enhancing post education apprenticeship opportunities for youth by realigning existing National Apprenticeship Training Scheme.
India has a great importance for collaboration between G20 countries in the areas of vocational education and training.
G20 grouping invites its members, invited countries, international partner organizations and some groups to dialogue & build consensus so as to promote public policies which can solve challenges being faced by humanity. G20 member countries include- Germany, Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Australia, Canada, China, Brazil, France, India, South Korea, United States, Italy, Japan, Indonesia, Mexico, United Kingdom, Russia, South Africa, Turkey and European Union.
Month: Current Affairs - June, 2021
Category: International Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|