First World Solar Technology Summit (WSTS) of ISA to be held
The International Solar Alliance (ISA) is going to organise the first World Solar Technology Summit (WSTS) on September 8, 2020. In the virtual summit, around 26,000 participants have registered from 149 countries. The summit will focus on bringing the light on affordable and sustainable clean energy.
- The summit will focus on,
- Global Session of CEOs,
- Vision 2030 and beyond
- Establishing decarbonised Grid
- Disruptive Solar Technologies
- Solar Beyond power sector
- The Summit will be addressed by PM Modi.
- The summit will be conducted with an aim,
- To build common knowledge E-Portal.
- To develop innovative financial mechanism and reduce capital cost.
- To formulate programmes that will promote solar applications.
- On capacity building for absorption and promotion of solar technologies.
- To facilitate Research and Development among member countries.
- The summit is going to launch 8 initiatives and guidelines,
- Solar Photo-voltaic Technician Skill development initiative.
- ISA Cares Initiative.
- Undergraduate Programme (UG) for small Island, Developing states and Least Developed Countries.
- Price Exploratory Global bid for energy that will provide access to 47 million households through solar parks.
- Advisory for manufacturers to produce solar kits-based ventilators.
- Action plan to develop 20 GW of Solar parks.
- To make solar power bankable.
- A new website for the ISA will be launched.
International Solar Alliance
The ISA comprises 121 sunshine countries lying between the two tropics that is tropic of cancer and tropic of Capricorn. The organisation is headquartered in Gurugram, Haryana. This alliance was initiated by India and it was proposed at the Paris Climate change Conference of 2015. The countries work with an objective of efficient use of solar energy so as to reduce dependence of other fuels.