Some facts about Government on social media
After the Union government had adopted social media platforms for governance, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has topped on Twitter in terms of followers compared to all the union ministries.
While Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has the maximum number of Facebook likes.
Social media has emerged as a major communication medium for government to communicate directly with people and it also indicates that people want to be directly in touch with the government.
Key facts of [email protected] media
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi tops as an individual compared to all ministries in terms of Facebook likes with 2.62 crore and on Twitter PMO has 48 lakh followers as on 22nd December.
- At present most of the ministries have their presence on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter while some are yet to join.
- Twitter Followers: Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has highest 2.32 lakh followers while ministry of Information and Broadcasting is second highest with 2.17 lakh followers.
- They are followed by Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) (1.95 lakh), Railway ministry (1.57 lakh), Commerce and industry ministry (61,924) and Health and family affairs (35,500).
- Lowest followers: 39 people follow Tribal Affairs Ministry, while Environment and Forest Ministry has 60 and Urban Development Ministry has 88 Twitter followers.
Facebook Likes: Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) tops with 82 lakh likes while Information and Broadcasting has second highest likes 6.60 lakhs.
- They are followed by Union Finance Ministry (6.28 lakh), Railway ministry (2.21 lakh), Environment and Forest Ministry (45,231) and Human Resource Development Ministry (45,004).
- Lowest Facebook likes: 715 likes were received by Urban development Ministry, followed by Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (775) and Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga rejuvenation Ministry (968).