Facebook India launched ‘Small Business Loans Initiative’
Facebook India has launched a new initiative called the “Small Business Loans Initiative” on August 20, 2021.
- This initiative was launched in partnership with online lending platform, Indifi.
- It will extend help to small and medium businesses (SMBs) who advertise on Facebook in order to get quick access to credit with the help of independent lending partners.
- India is the first country where Facebook rolled out this initiative.
- This facility is open to businesses that are registered across 200 towns and cities in India.
- Indifi is the first lending partner with which Facebook has tied up. This initiative will bring more partners on board in future.
- The initiative was announced by Facebook India at a virtual event “Enabling MSME Growth through Financial Inclusion”. It was hosted by Facebook India in partnership with FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry).
Aim of the initiative
Facebook launched this initiative with the aim of making business loans more easily accessible to small businesses. It also seeks to reduce the credit gap within India’s MSME sector.
Why this initiative was launched?
As per “Future of Business” survey that was conducted by Facebook in association with OECD & World Bank in 2020, a third of operational SMBs on Facebook in 2020 found cash flow as one of their primary challenges. So, to provide them with loans, this initiative was launched.
Interest on Loan
Through the partnership between Facebook and Indifi, small businesses advertising with Facebook can be given loans at a predefined interest rate of 17-20 per cent per annum. This initiative will also enable small businesses to get loans without collateral by means of a quick online application.
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|