Eat Right India movement: Food Safety Mitra Scheme
To mark World Food Day, on October 16, 2019, the Health and Family Welfare Ministry launched the Food Safety Mitra Scheme. The main objective of the scheme is to scale up Eat Right India movement. The campaign along with Fit India movement will achieve huge success according to the ministry.
Key Features of the Scheme
- The Food Safety Mitra will undergo training and be certified by the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India). They can earn from food businesses for their services.
- The scheme will support small and medium scale food business.
- The scheme will also make periodical checks if the food safety laws, licensing, hygiene training and ratings are rightly followed.
- Along with the scheme the Eat Right Jacket and Eat Right Jhola were also introduced.
- The “Eat Right Jacket” was introduced for the field staffs. The jacket is designed to hold smart phone, RFID tag, QR code for identification and tracking purposes. This will help to bring in efficiency and transparency in food safety administration
- The “Eat Right Jhola” is a reusable cloth bag. The purpose is to replace plastic with these bags.
Category: Government Schemes Current Affairs