Dutch soccer legend Johan Cruyff passes away
The Dutch football legend and coach Johan Cruyff passed away after a long battle with lung cancer in Barcelona, Spain. He was 68.
Cruyff was one of the most famous exponents of the football philosophy known as Total Football. He is widely regarded to be one of the greatest players in football history.
About Johan Cruyff
- Born as Hendrik Johannes Cruijff on 25 April 1947 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Club Career: He has started his career at Ajax FC where he won eight Eredivisie titles and three European Cups in a row from 1971-73.
- In 1973, he had moved to Barcelona FC for a then-world record transfer fee of $2 million.
- With Barcelona FC, he had won La Liga in his first season and was named European Footballer of the Year (Ballon d’Ors) 1971, 1973 and 1974.
- Coaching Career: After retiring from football in 1984, he became highly successful as manager (coach) of Ajax FC and later Barcelona FC.
- He remained an influential advisor to both clubs and his coaching philosophy and style of play influenced countless generations
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|