Dustlik 2019: India Uzbekistan joint Military Exercise
India will conduct its first ever military exercise with Uzbekistan in a 10-day session on counter terrorism tactics. The exercise will be held at Chirchiq Training Area, Uzbekistan between November 4 and November 13, 2019. The Defence Minister Shri Raj Nath Singh during his 3 day visit met the Indian contingent participating in the joint exercise.
Highlights of the Exercise
- The aim of the exercise is to focus on counter-insurgency and counter terrorism operation in mountainous, rural and urban regions.
- From India a 45-member contingent have been trained for firing heli-borne operations, mountain craft, combat conditioning, tactical operations and house-intervention drills under UN mandate. This contingent is participating in the exercise
- As a part of the exercise, the Indian army will conduct training cordon and search operation, mobile vehicle check posts and room intervention.
- The Uzbekistan army will conduct training on tactical drills and survival skills in deserts and mountains.
- On the concluding day, both the countries will depict near-actual operations situations for a period of 24-hour.
The exercise will build inter-operability skills and confidence between the two armies and enable sharing of best practices between the two. As Uzbekistan is a key country in central Asia, India has been trying to reach out to Uzbekistan by means of various new areas of cooperation.
Category: Defence Current Affairs
|View All E-Books: Recent Release|